American Recovery and Reinvestment Act - Stimulus
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009 is a $787 billion fiscal stimulus package enacted by the U.S. Congress for the following purposes:
- To preserve and create jobs and promote economic recovery.
- To assist those most impacted by the recession.
- To provide investments needed to increase economic efficiency by spurring technological advances in science and health.
- To invest in transportation, environmental protection, and other infrastructure that will provide long-term economic benefits.
- To stabilize State and local government budgets in order to minimize and avoid reductions in essential services and counterproductive state and local tax increases.
The State of Mississippi is working on processes to ensure that funds are spent as efficiently as possible while maintaining the appropriate controls and reporting mechanisms to ensure accountability and transparency. Check back often to see updates and information.
For questions or concerns email us at: email@example.com.